In a country like India, the practice of keto diet for weight loss has started growing for a few days. Since the attention of the people has started to move towards it, you have also been wondering how keto diet for weight loss finally ends. Keto diet or ketogenic diet, the effective way to do this is to reduce excess weight over a few days, but there is some risk to it. It is a good idea to do this diet under the care of the doctor.
What is a ketogenic diet for weight loss?
In ketogenic diet, you have to consume carbohydrate between 20 to 50 grams per day, which includes whole food sources. To cut weight, a Ketogenic diet is usually broken into micronutrients, and you have to consume 70-80% of the total calories high fat. You are given very little carbohydrate and high fat diet, so that instead of body blood glucose body will use fat to produce energy.
Read also: Build strong muscles with Whey protein benefits
How does keto diet plan work?
When we eat rich carbohydrate food then our body starts producing glucose. Body easily convert glucose into energy. Because of that our body choose glucose first for energy.
Due to first priority of glucose our body do not use fat for energy production. Because of that deposition of fat increases. Taking normal or high carbohydrate food leads to use of glucose by body as main energy source.
This is the reason why in ketogenic diet amount of carbohydrate become less. It generates the condition of ketosis in the body. Ketosis is a process which keep us alive in the absence of food. In this process ketones/fats get breakdown to produce energy instead of blood glucose/carbohydrates.
Read also: 6 Best Fruits For Fast Weight Loss
Keto diet for weight loss
For weight loss your food should be high in fat, low in protein and very low in carbohydrates. In ketogenic diet you are taking 70 to 75% of calorie from fat, 20 to 25% calorie from protein and 5 to 10 % calorie from carbohydrates.
Read also: Few Changes in Your Workout That Lead to a Greater Weight Loss
Benefits of Ketogenic Diet
- Ketogenic diet is deficient in carbohydrate but high in fat which help to beat your hunger. If you are planning to lose weight then this diet is very beneficial.
- According to National centre of NCBI, ketogenic diet is the best and fast way to lose weight.
- Good cholesterol or HDL is good for health and heart. It is proved that keto diet increases the level of HDL.
- Blood sugar and insulin are two important factors for diabetes. Keto diet help to reduce these two factors and beneficial for type 2 diabetic patients. If you are at initial stage of diabetes then go for keto diet.
- In epilepsy treatment, very few people know about that keto diet given to children who are suffering from epilepsy. It is very helpful and cheap method to control epilepsy symptoms.
To treat pimples
ketogenic diet automatically gives positive changes in your skin. Dry skin and hair fall can be control with keto diet.
Read also: 5 Obvious Reasons Why Miso Soup Is more Healthy
Side effects of keto Diet
- Due to low carbohydrates content in keto diet leads to constipation. May be fiber content is very less so constipation problem arises. Sometime you may face diarrhoea.
- You may lose the good shape of your muscles because of keto diet. Keto diet has medium intake of protein. Protein is must for development of muscles.
- Initially your stamina become low because your fat is used as energy source. But do not worry within few days body get habituated to it.
Leave a Comment