Morning always starts with ginger tea whether it is winter or summer. My grandmother never misses a single chance to put ginger in any recipe like curry, rice or chutney and so on.
Here we will come to know why this ginger is so important for our health.
Ginger is among the healthiest spices on the earth and it is loaded with nutrients and bioactive compounds that have powerful benefits for your body and brain.
Ginger Has Medicinal Properties
- Ginger can be used fresh, dried, powdered, or as an oil or juice from which helps in digestion, reduce nausea and also help to fight against flu and common cold.
- Gingerol is the main bioactive compound in ginger, responsible for its medicinal properties. It has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Treat nausea and morning sickness by eating ginger
- Morning sickness and severe nausea due to pregnancy can be reduced by little consumption of ginger intake.
- Ginger may also relieve nausea and vomiting after surgery, and in cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Ginger reduces muscle pain and soreness
- Anti-inflammatory properties of ginger help us in reducing progression of muscle pain and may reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness.
Ginger application for Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis is a common health problem in which degeneration of the joints of the body occurs, leading to symptoms like joint pain and stiffness.
- Gingerol and shogaol of ginger inhibit formation of protein which causes pain, swelling in joints and hence reduces the symptoms of Osteoarthritis
Ginger consumer has low risk of blood sugars and heart disease
- Ginger has anti-diabetic and anti-blood clotting properties, which prevents blood clots in arteries and blood vessels and thus, controls blood pressure.
- A tablespoon of fresh ginger juice twice a day can help.
Indigestion treatment by ginger
- Pain and discomfort in the upper part of the stomach due to indigestion can be treated by ginger.
- Ginger has the ability to emptying the stomach easily.
Ginger powder for reducing menstrual pain
- Ginger extract can be extremely useful in treating pain during mensuration.
Cholesterol levels maintain by ginger
- Ginger can help in reduction of LDL cholesterol and blood triglycerides levels, which are linked to an increased risk of heart disease.
- Daily consumption of ginger can help to lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
Gingerol to prevent cancer
- Cancer is a very serious disease that is characterized by uncontrolled growth of abnormal cells.
- The anti-cancer property of ginger is attributed to 6-gingerol, a substance that is present in raw ginger.
- It can be used as alternative treatment for several forms of cancer.
Ginger effect in lowering risk of Infections
- Gingerol, the bioactive substance in fresh ginger, can help lower the risk of infections by bacteria.
- It is very effective against the oral bacteria linked to inflammatory diseases in the gums, such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
Keep your mouth fresh by ginger
- The Vitamin C in the ginger juice helps in killing the bacteria in the mouth that causes bad breath. Mix a spoonful of ginger juice with some lime in warm water and gargle for few minutes.