Acupressure points for headache, migraine and benefits. Acupressure is a technique or therapy for treatment of disease. By using acupuncture points of the body. Mostly acupuncture points are present in hands and toes but other body parts also have. Massage or pressure on that points helps to treat many problems like headache, migraine, cough and pain.
Acupressure points benefits
Along with treatment of many diseases it has additional benefits also like
- Relive stress, tension and anxiety
- Improve sleep
- Relax muscles and joints
- Help to treat digestive problems
- Treat headache and migraine
Acupressure points for headache
Headache is the most common problem in people. Their cause mostly unknown. May be due to overload of work, tension, stress or symptom of some disease.
There are four points for headache in the body. Massage or gentle pressure on these points may help to relive pain in headache.
Acupressure point 1: Point between the thumb and the index finger of your hand.
Point 2: It lies between the 2nd and the 3rd toe finger.
Acupressure point 3: It is present at the outer tip of the eyebrow. Which is near to the eye.
Read also: Migraine vs. Headache, causes and treatment
Acupressure treatment for Shoulder Pain
Shoulder pain can be due to injury or inflammation. Mostly the joint of shoulder get pain. There are few acupressure points whose massage can give your relieve in pain.
Acupressure point 1: point lies in the flesh between the thumb and the index finger.
Point 2: Present on the back surface of the shoulder, one thumb width above the end of the arm pit.
Read also: Best Yoga exercises which reduce back pain
The problem of knee pain is extremely common in adults. Pain is due problem in ligaments, cartilage and arthritis. In many cases, knee pain causes chronic pain and leads to immobility.
The Acupressure treatment for knee pain are
- Acupressure point 1: This point lies in the flesh between the thumb and the index finger.
- Point 2: It is present just below the knee cap, there are 2 depressions. This point lies at the centre of the outer depression.
- Acupressure point 3: This point is located at the mid-point of the upper border of the knee-cap.
- Point 4: It is present in the skin between the 2nd and the 3rd toes.
Acupressure points for migraine
Migraine is a type of headache which is intense or severe. Headaches during migraine can at one side of the head or both sides of the head. There are few points whose massage can help to treat migraine.
- Acupressure point 1: Point between the eye brows, where the bridge of the nose connect to your forehead. It is also called as third eye.
- Acupressure point 2: These pressure points are present at the inner corners of both eyes, just above the eyelid and on the bone surrounding the eye.
Leave a Comment