Our body works when it gets energy. Food is the excellent source of energy. Food is not a single thing it is a mixture of carbohydrates, proteins, minerals and vitamins.
Vitamins are an organic compound which is considered as nutrient and require by body in small amounts.
They are very essentials because its absence can lead to severe deficiency and disorder. Here we will discuss vitamin A benefits and deficiency related disorder.
Health Benefits of Vitamin A
- Vitamin A strengthens the body’s immunity against infections.
- It helps the body to produce white blood cells to fight an illness or infection.
Vitamin A for vision
- Retinol of vitamin A improves vision and helps in the formation of visual purple in the eyes, which can improve the eyes and ensure a healthy retina.
- Severe deficiency of vitamin A causes visual impairment and blindness.
- Keratomalacia, a condition occurs due to deficiency vitamin A which leads to thickening of the cornea and blindness. Other symptoms are night blindness and extreme dryness of the eyes.
Skin damage due to deficiency of vitamin A
- Vitamin A is very good for skin and preventing dryness, scaling, and follicular thickening of the skin.
- It helps to keep your body free from free radicals and toxins, which might cause damage to your skin.
Helps Prevent Cancer
- Retinoic acid of vitamin A acts as an antioxidant which helps in cancer treatment by controlling malignant cells in the body.
- Lung, prostate, breast, ovarian, bladder, oral, and skin cancers can be suppressed by retinoic acid.
Vitamin A and aging
- Excess sebum production of skin can be reduced by vitamin A thereby reducing the risk of acne.
- It flushes out the toxins from your body and cleanses the system by virtue of its antioxidant properties.
- Vitamin A keeps the lines and wrinkles away from the skin by producing more collagen, which is responsible for keeping the skin looking young.
Fights Inflammation and allergies
- Vitamin A intake can help to lower the risk of certain types of food allergies.
- It has antioxidant properties that neutralize free radicals in the body that cause tissue and cellular damage.