Dolo 650 mg tablet belongs to class of analgesic and used to treat temporally fever, headache, muscle pain, pain during menstruation, dental pain and post-operative pain. It has both pain relieving (analgesic) and antipyretic (fever reducer) properties.
It is a safe medicine for short-term use only but for long term can be risky. Dolo 650 is normally taken orally or rectally, it is also available for intravenous administration.
It has less side-effects. In rare cases nausea, stomach pain and loss of appetite can be seen as side-effects. Overdosing may result in liver failure. But Dolo 650 cause weight loss is not true.
Dolo 650 mg Tablet Uses
It is used in treatment, prevention and control of these conditions like
Dolo 650 for fever
Dolo 650 headache (Acute) like migraine
Pain during menstruation
Dolo 650mg Tablet– combination, active content composition and active ingredients
Tablet contains Paracetamol as an active ingredient
How Dolo 650mg Tablet Works in the body?
Main ingredient of this tablet is paracetamol which is an analgesic and antipyretic. Analgesic means pain reliever and anti-pyretic means fever reducer.
Active content of dolo 650 blocks the release of certain chemical messengers in the brain that are responsible for pain and fever. This drug gets absorbed fully speedily when administered orally.
Dolo 650 Tablet Side Effects
All these side effects are possible but do not always occur. Some of the side effects may be rare.
Shortness of breath
Feeling of sickness
Gastric / Mouth Ulcer
Dolo 650 mg Tablet Uses/ How to use Dolo 650mg Tablet
Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take tablet with food.
Take based on doctor’s advice. Dosage is based on your condition. Before taking this tablet, inform your doctor about your list of medications which you are taking. Over the counter products like vitamins, herbal supplements and problems like allergies, pre-existing diseases, and current health conditions (e.g. pregnancy, upcoming surgery).
Substitutes for Dolo 650mg Tablet
This is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Dolo 650 mg Tablet. So it can be used as its substitute.
- Macfast 650 MG Tablet
- Paarmol 650 MG Tablet
- Pacimol 650MG Tablet
- Paracip 650 MG Tablet
- Pyremol 650 MG Tablet
- Glenpar 650 MG Tablet
- P U C 650 MG Tablet
- T98 650 MG Tablet
- Welset 650 MG Tablet
Drug Interaction of Dolo 650mg Tablet
- This tablet severely interacts with other drugs like
- Neemact 100mg Tablet MD
- Nimlin MD 100mg Tablet
- Coxid 450mg Capsule
- GOCOX 300MG Capsule
- You should avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medicine. Drinking alcohol with this medicine can have a severe effect on the liver.
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients with liver function impairment or active liver diseases due to the increased risk of severe adverse effects.
- This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women.
- To avoid overdosage read the label carefully before consuming this medicine. Overdose may cause liver damage.
- This medicine should be used with extreme caution in patients suffering from malnourishment. Because it increases risk of severe adverse effects.
- Dolo 650 tablet should be used with caution in patients with renal disease. Please consult your doctor before taking medication.
- Avoid using it if allergic to paracetamol.
Prohibition / Contraindications
- Dolo 650 tablet contraindicated or not prescribed if are suffering from following conditions
- Allergy/ Hypersensitivity
- Liver Disease /Hepatic impairment
- Analgesic Nephropathy (Kidney Disease)
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Dolo 650 an antibiotic?
No, it is not an antibiotic.
Can Dolo 650 mg Tablet Uses for headache?
Yes, its main component is Paracetamol and it has analgesic and antipyretic activities. Therefore, it is used to treat headache.
Which is better Dolo 650 vs Crocin?
Though both medicines active component is same. But on different people tablet may affect differently. Due to individual response and difficult to predict. Difference is based on mg concentration in Dolo 650 vs Crocin.
Is Dolo 650 Tablet safe for pregnancy?
Please consult with your doctor for case-specific recommendations. This medicine is not recommended for use in pregnant women unless necessary.
Is Dolo 650 Tablet safe while breastfeeding?
Please discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor.
What is the duration of effect of this tablet?
The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 4-6 hours.
Can I take Dolo 650 for stomach pain?
No, Dolo should not be taken for stomach pain. You must consult your physician for this.
Does Dolo 650 cause weight loss?
Tablet is not known to cause weight loss. It is a very safe medicine for short term use and can cause minor and rare side effects.
Can anyone be allergic to Dolo 650?
Yes, hypersensitivity and allergic reaction can be seen with the use of this tablet. Symptoms of an allergy include swelling of the face, mouth, and throat. If you find consult to the doctor.